Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Brian!

Brian McCarthy in the doorway between living room and dining room


His beautiful master bedroom in gorgeous creamy textiles and dark antique tables



Looking through the hall into the Tiffany blue guest bedroom





Just one of Brian´s many roman stone feet

Looking into the living room

Dining room with handsome antique chairs around a pedestal table



Another foot from the collection


One of my favorite rugs from Beauvais

A book by Brian´s former boss and mentor, the legendary Albert Hadley



My dear friend, former boss, and amazing interior designer, Brian McCarthy had a very special birthday the other day! As a tribute to him I wanted to share with you some photos from his gorgeous apartment on 57th street in Manhattan. These photos along with a charming Q/A with Brian, were featured on New York Social Diaries a few years ago. His apartment is a true reflection of his personal style, passion for design and love for contemporary art and photography. Brian is such a true gentleman and was an amazing mentor for me. I was very lucky to work for him and to learn the world of decorating from the very very best.

I wish you a happy happy Birthday Brian!! .... I miss you dearly!


No comments:

Post a Comment