Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tufting - a staying trend





I love upholstery and the more custom the better. I was really fortunate to work with some of the best upholstery makers in New York city and miss the process of selecting a great model and influencing the outcome of really beautiful upholstery pieces, completely custom made for a client. Good design is all about the details...

I have always loved tufting and I think it adds such a beautiful detail to a piece of furniture. Tufted dining chairs, tufted benches, and tufted headboards, anything tufted and it´s got my attention. Both contemporary and more classical styles are pretty and depending what fabric is used, it can make such a statement.
The pictures above are a few nice examples...

pictures... from top : decorpad,katyelliot.com,unknown,decorpad

No comments:

Post a Comment